As a Storytelling Specialist at OTM, you will play a critical role in shaping stories that speak to a wide array of audiences while assisting with the creation and implementation of Public Relations and Marketing campaigns that will serve as vehicles for distributing the stories we create.
You will work closely with OTM’s Chief Strategy Officer and other Storytelling Specialists to shape strategic narratives for our clients and their ongoing campaigns and marketing initiatives. You will then be tasked with collaborating with OTM’s team of designers and marketing specialists to conceptualize and produce transformative content and experiences across multiple touch-points, all the while ensuring that everything we create is rooted in human-centric insights. Additionally, you will work with our team of Digital Marketing Coordinators to distribute content across various channels that support our Marketing and Public Relations campaigns.
The Storytelling Specialist is required to stay up-to-date on digital marketing and advertising trends, current events and should maintain a bird’s-eye view of all clients in order to proactively contribute toward the creation of stories – you are the champion of telling stories that make our clients successful.
This is a full-time salaried position based out of our Downtown Fort Collins office with the flexibility to work remotely part of the time. The position requires the ability to attend client meetings.
A typical day in the life of a Storytelling Specialist
- Utilize OTM’s Brand Story Framework to create strategic content (print collateral, digital copy, and other brand assets)
- Create and implement strategic Public Relations and Marketing campaign concepts based on client needs
- Develop and facilitate the promotion of client initiatives (such as Grand Opening events, new product launches, etc.)
- Perform monthly (or as needed) Reputation Management (Google, Facebook, Yelp, and more) to include monitoring, reporting, and responding to online reviews
- Research and pursue relevant award nominations to promote the ACE (authority) concept for clients
- Optimize online listings to boost SEO and keyword rankings (monthly or as needed)
- Foster and facilitate community involvement through partnerships based on client needs, timing, and availability
- Coordinate with clients on the development and confirmation of a strategic reactive/proactive crisis management plans
- Utilize keyword-specific tracking software (Google Alerts, SEMrush) to actively monitor all media coverage for clients (e-newsletters, published print and digital articles, etc.)
- Manage ongoing media relations with key regional outlets
- Develop strategic and tactical opportunities from ideation to proposal and guides Account Services in pitching the offering to clients (new and existing)
Accountabilities & Outcomes
- Achieves Client Objectives and Metrics for Success through Storytelling Tactics
- Effectively Tell Client Stories
- Effectively Stays Abreast of Industry Standards
- Be an Active Participant in Creating a Healthy Organizational Communication and Culture
Must have 5 years experience in marketing & journalism. We will not move applicants further who do not have at least 5 years of experience in the related field.
- Marketing, Journalism, Business or Communications Related Degree
- Professional experience in some area of Marketing or Communications required
- Knowledge in key areas of marketing (social media, SEO, email marketing, PPC)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong copywriting as well as creative writing skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Tech-savvy with a desire to learn about new technology and digital trends
- Ability to work as a team on large projects while exercising collaboration
- Ability to work on projects as a single-person team in order to fulfill client objectives
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Self-motivated and able to self-teach
The salary range for this position is $41,323 –$69,270 base annual dependent on experience and qualifications. OTM uses Payscale to determine salaries for all positions.
- Paid birthday
- PTO starting from the date of hire
- Performance Coaching
- Flexible work hours
All applicants who pass the first interview will be asked to come into OTM for a full-day (8 hours paid) working interview.
What drives us
At OTM we are driven by our core principles:
- Curiosity: Asking questions to understand, learn and apply
- Care: We genuinely give a shit about each other
- Integrity: Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Earn it: Work for it and own it, then celebrate it
- Perseverance: If it were easy, everyone would do it
Founded in 2007, Old Town Media improves market positioning through business strategy and creative services that achieve intentional business outcomes. Our success is rooted in our client relationships and our hands-on approach to customized business-driven solutions. We provide an in-depth strategy to achieve measurable results and our core values reflect our dedication to the company’s principles.